The Second Floor (T2F) is one of the major projects of PeaceNiche. A community space for open dialogue, T2F features a coffeehouse, bookshop, exhibition gallery and holds regular programs and events. T2F also provides citizens with a platform for social change through rich cultural activities, scientific and literary programs and activism using new media. PeaceNiche/T2F is committed to becoming a vibrant center of Pakistan’s developing civil society. PeaceNiche has a vision to expand T2F and excel in all areas in which it is currently serving, with a possibility to operate in more than one location.
It is against this background that we are opening up the position for an Executive Director to work with the PeaceNiche/The Second Floor (T2F) team, to implement artistic vision, creative and strategic leadership of the organization, and provide a unified and cohesive direction to sustain and grow T2F towards an exciting future.
The primary goals of the Executive Director will be to:
- Develop programming that impacts audiences in profound and unpredictable ways in order to foster a spirit of inquiry and openness in our community.
- Grow the annual operating budget to support the increased potential of our on-going projects, programmatic vision and audience engagement ambitions.
- Oversee and manage a team of qualified and passionate full and part time staff in addition to interns, consultants, vendors and volunteers.
- Oversee our integrated system of support for artists and ensure it is effective at creating positive impact for our artists.
- Oversee all aspects of T2F’s audience engagement efforts including pre-event and on-site contextual materials or activities.
- Develop and oversee partnerships with aligned institutions in and outside of Pakistan for collaborations, co-commissions, co-presentations and touring.
- Be responsible for the operations budgets, finances and regulatory issues.
This is a full time position, and will entail some national and international travel. The candidate must not be engaged directly or indirectly in any other business or major consultancy. The position reports to the Chairperson and the Board of PeaceNiche/T2F.
Qualifications and Experience
Given the position’s significant responsibilities, PeaceNiche/T2F’s Executive Director should possess the following skills, experience and personal characteristics:
- Demonstrated knowledge of museum arts and management, theatre, literature, design and publishing, social media, film, journalism, technology and related areas.
- Proven fundraising ability and experience managing programmatic and operational plans to meet budget and capacity.
- Excellence in spoken, written and public communication.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related fields (Humanities, Arts Management, Social Sciences, Media Arts and Cultures). Minimum of eight (8) years of combined work experience with a minimum of three (3) yeas in senior or leadership position preferably in the arts and/or nonprofit organizations. The candidate will preferably be in the age bracket of 33 to 44 years.In particular, the right candidate will have:
- Demonstrated success in implementing a compelling vision and strategic direction by managing multi-disciplinary teams and resources.
- Creative thinking and problem solving; entrepreneurial spirit; strong determination with a clear focus on strategic goals and ability to respond quickly to opportunities and issues.
- Decisive yet highly collaborative leadership capabilities with an inquisitive mindset, and a passion to discover, experience and learn new things.
- A passionate dedication to free expression, diversity and independent thought.
- A genuine desire to support staff, artists and audiences as they push their boundaries.
Compensation, Timeline and Application Instructions
PeaceNiche/The Second Floor (T2F) is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive equal considerations. Salary and benefits will be commensurate to the current remuneration package of similar organizations and positions.
The ED position is slated to commence by July 1st, 2017.
To apply for the position, please submit your updated résumé, a detailed cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Application for Director” in the subject line. The deadline to submit the application is May 30th 2017.